Klecany is a small town located on the 6th kilometre north from Prague on the river Vltava. The city, which has about 3,000 residents, is divided into two parts - Klecany, which is located on a rock above the river Vltava and Klecánky, which can be found on the right bank of the river. If you want to get across the river, you can take a ferry Klecánky – Roztoky. The ferry is located by the local weir. Klecánky are also reachable by a new bicycle path from Prague
In Klecany you can find several historic sights too, such as:
- Roman Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and the parish, which were originally built in 14th century. The church was rebuilt several times over the centuries, most recently in the 70s of 20th Century.
- Castle of Klecany from 17th century, which is now inaccessible to the public.
- Statute of Saint Wenceslas from 17th Century, which is located before the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.
- Crucified, a monument by Myslbek from the year 1894, located in the park next to the church.
- Monument dedicated to the fallen heroes of the World War I, built on the newly renovated square of Vaclav Beneš Třebízský.
- Statute of Saint John of Nepomuk from the 18th century.
Pension Goral is located in the town of Klecany, district Prague - East. Distance from the centre of Prague (Wenceslas Square) to the pension is only 19 kilometres (about 20 minutes by car) and from the shopping centre Letňany it is only 9 kilometres (about 10 minutes by car).
If you arrive by car, the best way to reach the Pension Goral is to join the D8 highway from the road E 55. You leave the highway on the Exit 1 in the direction Melnik, Neratovice, Zdiby, then you turn right (direction Klíčany, Zdiby), pass under the highway to 1 the roundabout, go through the second exit (direction Odolena Voda, Klíčany) to the next roundabout where you go again through to the 2nd exit (still direction Odolena Voda, Klíčany). Then you go straight about 1,5 kilometres and at the first crossroad you turn left (direction Klecany, Řež) and then after 1.5 kilometres you turn left again (direction Klecany). Once you get to the village, turn left at the second crossroad and you have already found Pension Goral (2nd house on the left). You can park your car in car park in the area of the pension.
If you use the public transport, you have to go by underground line C (red line) at the station KOBYLISY, board the suburban bus number 371 or 374 and get off at the station Klecany, U Hřbitova. Then you go about 15 metres straight to the big crossroad and here you turn right in the street of Československé armády. After that, go straight about 560 metres (you will pass two streets right) and at the third crossroad you turn right. Pension Goral is on the left side, 2nd house. The journey takes about 15 minutes by bus from the station KOBYLISY and 10-minute walk from the station Klecany, U hřbitova.
|Single room||400 CZK (15 EUR) / night|
|Double room||700 CZK (30 EUR) / night|
|Extra bed||350 CZK (13 EUR) / night|
Copyright Penzion Goral (2015)